Monday 1 December 2014

Reference Images to Import into Maya

Week 4:


Now that I have set myself a goal of poly counts for my assets, now I'll work on setting up my reference images in Photoshop to import into Maya and start modelling.

Looking at my list of chosen weapons, I decided to revise my list as I noticed that a few of the weapons were quite similar in structure. So I thought it would be appropriate to focus on the more diverse ones first, and then continue on to model the rest if I have extra time.

Katana:




Tessen (Fan):


*Perhaps when texturing for the fan, I could design the pattern that appears on it myself, taking inspiration from Japanese imagery in order to make it seem authentic.



Kabuto:

*In looking at pictures for this item, I had to be aware of the parts that it is comprised of: including the helmet part that sits on top of the head, the mask that covers the lower face and other adornments. So I'll take all of this into consideration when modelling.




Yumi (Bow):





Sasumata:




Tanegashima:




Ararebo:





Sai:




Kusarigama: 



No comments:

Post a Comment