Thursday 30 April 2015

Maya Implementation: Part 2


Further 3D modelling work:


After finalising my list of weapons to model, I've made further progress on the quality of each.

Below is a closer look at the work I have done so far, including any changes that may have been made.


Kusarigama:


Here is a screenshot of the finished kusarigama model, UV mapped and textured using Photoshop.
This is a quick render using mental ray just to give me a rough idea of what the finalised image might be like. 

UV Map:




Katana:



Here are also 2 quick renders (Again, using mental ray) of the nearly finished katana model.
One small change I made to the workflow of this process was modelling the material of the handle directly, rather than relying on texture fidelity to convey that. By modelling this section, it also helps give the object more depth and thus make it more believable in the renders.

A closer look at the handle material: 
Not quite finished yet, but this is the general idea I wanted to accomplish. 



Sai:


Ararebo:



No comments:

Post a Comment