Thursday 30 April 2015

Maya Implementation: Part 3


Screenshots of Updated Work:


Continuing with my work in Maya, I had taken the next step with a number of the weapons, now moving on to properly texture them.

Kusarigama:

In this case, due to an unfortunate corruption of the original file, I hard to start the kusarigama model from scratch; both model and UV map.
On this time around, rather than paint the textures using photoshop, I tried out the 3D software Mudbox as I was also learning in one of my other modules at the time.

The result is this:


Rendered in Maya using mental Ray, this is the finished version of the kusarigama 2.0 Utilised here is a diffuse (colour), bump and specularity map to build the texture. 

Katana:

Here are some images of the finished katana model. After using Mudbox for the first model, I was very pleased with how it came out, and so decided to continue with Mudbox as my dedicated texturing software of choice. 

A close-up of the guard of the katana and the handle.


This is a look at what I intend the final scene to look like (i.e. Possible museum-like setting, displaying all my finished weapon models). In this render, I tried to pay attention to the I tried to pay attention to the lighting of the scene, as that also provides a great impact of the overall realism of the objects within it. 
 Sai:


This is a test render of the finished Sai model: while the reflections on the blade are quite nice, the overall lighting may be too dark to really notice any of the finer details. 




And this is a shot of all the finished textured models so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment